Ancil blistered to a track record-setting win at Tampa Bay Downs March 1 in the $100,000 Turf Dash Stakes by 1 1/4 lengths in his season debut.
Ten Breeders' Cup runners slated for the turf events, led by Obviously (IRE), worked on the grass at Santa Anita Park Oct. 26.
Silverton Hill's Havelock returned to his home turf and mowed down nine opponents Oct. 5 to take the $150,000 Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland.
St. George Farm Racing's homebred and dual graded stakes winner Mr. Commons will attempt to overcome the rail post and snap an eight-race losing streak when he faces at least eight others in the June 7 Jaipur Stakes.
Owned by The Jim Stable of trainer King Leatherbury, Ben's Cat won the 21st race of his 31-race career with a solid come-from-behind tally in the $100,000 Jim McKay Sprint Presented by Apple Ford May 17 at Pimlico.
Trainer Steve Asmussen has switched gears with Daddy Nose Best, attempting to take the colt from Triple Crown contender to quality turf runner in the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame
Howe Great, a graded winner who was originally entered in a stakes at Indiana Downs, instead will head to Belmont Park for the $150,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 16.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29