Ancil blistered to a track record-setting win at Tampa Bay Downs March 1 in the $100,000 Turf Dash Stakes by 1 1/4 lengths in his season debut.
Ten Breeders' Cup runners slated for the turf events, led by Obviously (IRE), worked on the grass at Santa Anita Park Oct. 26.
Silverton Hill's Havelock returned to his home turf and mowed down nine opponents Oct. 5 to take the $150,000 Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland.
St. George Farm Racing's homebred and dual graded stakes winner Mr. Commons will attempt to overcome the rail post and snap an eight-race losing streak when he faces at least eight others in the June 7 Jaipur Stakes.
Owned by The Jim Stable of trainer King Leatherbury, Ben's Cat won the 21st race of his 31-race career with a solid come-from-behind tally in the $100,000 Jim McKay Sprint Presented by Apple Ford May 17 at Pimlico.
Trainer Steve Asmussen has switched gears with Daddy Nose Best, attempting to take the colt from Triple Crown contender to quality turf runner in the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame
Howe Great, a graded winner who was originally entered in a stakes at Indiana Downs, instead will head to Belmont Park for the $150,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty