Sir Alfred James Munnings' signed painting Lord Astor's "Broodmare and Foal" brought the top price of $207,000, including buyer premium, at the third annual Sporting Art Auction, held Nov. 18 at Keeneland.
The third annual Sporting Art Auction, presented by Keeneland Association and Cross Gate Gallery of Lexington, is set for Nov. 18 at 4 p.m. ET in the Keeneland sales pavilion.
Keeneland announced June 1 that Walt Robertson, vice president of sales, will retire from day-to-day duties June 30. Robertson will continue at the lead on the Sporting Art Auction.
Topped by the sale of the massive triptych "Hercules" for $149,500, the second Sporting Art Auction at Keeneland Nov. 19 grossed $2.25 million.
The second annual Sporting Art Auction featuring sporting art, American paintings, and sculpture by artists from all over the world takes place Wednesday, Nov. 19, at 4 p.m. ET in the Keeneland sales pavilioniin Lexington.
Keeneland Association and Cross Gate Gallery of Lexington will collaborate to host the second Sporting Art Auction scheduled Nov. 19 at 4 p.m. ET in the Keeneland sales pavilion.
The inaugural Sporting Art Auction featuring 174 lots of sporting art, American paintings, and sculpture will take place at 4 p.m. ET, Nov. 20 in the Keeneland sales pavilion in Lexington.
An exhibit of fine sporting art, American paintings, and sculpture cataloged for the inaugural Sporting Art Auction will be open to the public Oct. 28 through Nov. 2, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Blacktype Wins Record Commonwealth Turf Cup
- Noholdingback Bear in Gallant Bob Stakes
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby