Rick Baedeker will begin work Feb. 3 as executive director of the California Horse Racing Board, the agency announced Jan. 30.
Scott M. Finley will join the New York Racing Association as its director of simulcasting effective Aug. 1, the organization announced July 13.
Horsemen in California are pushing ahead with plans to make Los Alamitos Race Course and San Luis Rey Downs full-time off-track stabling sites once Betfair Hollywood Park is no longer available.
A New York regulatory panel has approved a new 10-year tote contract between the New York Racing Association and AmTote International. NYRA had been aligned with Churchill Downs Inc.'s United Tote.
Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort, which begins its 2013 meet March 1, has been cleared to offer mobile wagering.
The California Horse Racing Board is following up on a discrepancy in the payoff for a Sept. 16 Pick 5 payout from Fairplex Park to make sure that no bettors were shorted as the result of takeout computation errors.
Sportech Racing said Sept. 12 it has signed a three-year extension of the totalizator services agreement it has with all racetracks, racing fairs, and off-track betting networks in California.
Sportech launched several initiatives, including a Spanish-language wagering website for Camarero Race Track in Puerto Rico and advance deposit wagering through Evangeline Downs & Casino in Louisiana.
An employee of totalizer company Sportech was responsible for incorrect payoffs being posted on the seventh race at Del Mar July 21, 2011, the California Horse Racing Board reported.
Scientific Games Corp. has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its racing and venue management businesses to Great Britain-based Sportech Plc for about $75 million.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- TCA Title Sponsor of Thoroughbred Makeover
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: The July Sale Preview