Malibu Moon and Into Mischief top the list of stallions fee-wise for 2016 at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farms in Kentucky.
Grade II-winning sprinter Flashpoint sired his first reported foal Jan. 31 when a dark bay filly was born in Carencro, La.
B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farms announced its 2014 stud fees for 21 stallions both Kentucky-based and regional, led again by leading sire Malibu Moon whose fee jumped from $70,000 to $95,000 stands and nurses.
Vacation time may be over for Beholder but last year's champion 2-year-old filly simply toyed with her four rivals in the $100,000 Torrey Pine Stakes Sept. 1 at Del Mar.
TVG Breeders' Cup Mile winner Court Vision, who also captured the 2010 Woodbine Mile (Can-IT), will be paraded in the Woodbine walking ring Nov. 26 at noon as part of a retirement ceremony for the future Canadian stallion.
Nashville recording artist Danielle Peck will headline the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association's National Awards Dinner Sept. 11 at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farms near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends