Let Faith Arise, winner of the Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) in March, stands out among 10 fillies and mares set for the $100,000 Adoration Stakes (gr. III) May 18 at Santa Anita Park.
Seeking her first graded stakes win, Let Faith Arise put away pace rivals Fiftyshadesofhay and Iotapa in the stretch to win the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
After breaking through with her first graded stakes win one month ago, Iotapa seeks grade I glory when facing seven other older fillies and mares in the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
A Malibu Moon colt, who is a half brother to grade II winner Spellbound, was purchased by agent Demi O'Byrne for $1.3 million during the March 11 Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Hong Kong, Fair Grounds, Gulfstream, Santa Anita, Sam Houston, Sunland, Laurel & more. view slideshow
Spellbound made trainer Richard Mandella's quick cross-country trip worthwhile when she came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) by a neck at 16-1 odds Jan. 19 at Santa Anita Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer will have a pair of representatives -- Broken Sword and Curvy Cat -- as he seeks his third Bayakoa Stakes (gr. II) win in four years.
Two-year-old filly champion of 2012 Beholder will be the heavy favorite when she faces five foes in the April 6 Santa Anita Oaks for Spendthrift Farm and Richard Mandella.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Go Blue Or Go Home Claims Highlander Again