Trainer Marty Wolfson, winner of a record three editions of the $350,000 Princess Rooney Handicap, has entered five for this year's July 6 edition at Calder--against the likes of Reneesgotzip and Judy the Beauty.
Three-time stakes winner Spectacular Sky will try to secure her first career graded stakes win when she faces five other fillies and mares in the $200,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) May 18 at Belmont.
Turtle Bird Stable's Cluster of Stars, unbeaten in four starts, tries graded company for first time in six-furlong Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Aubby K, making her first start since she was unplaced in the Test Stakes (gr. I) more than six months ago, became a grade II winner when she put away nine rivals in the $150,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. II).
Golden Mystery makes her first appearance since she was purchased at auction last month in the $150,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. II) March 17 at Gulfstream Park.
After finishing second to Groupie Doll in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) in November, Dust and Diamonds looms as a prohibitive favorite in the Adena Springs Sugar Swirl (gr. III) Dec. 8 at Gulfstream Park
In step with the trend from recent years, the July 7 Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. I) at Calder Race Course has attracted mostly local horses, highlighted by reigning champion female sprinter Musical Romance.
Red-hot Izzy Rules, given a vigorous ride by Edwin Maldanado, romped to a front-running win March 11 in the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) as the 6-5 favorite at Santa Anita, registering her fourth consecutive victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop