Jose Arias of Bell Gardens near Los Angeles topped a field of 500 to win the 15th annual Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Jan. 26 in Las Vegas.
The Boston Marathon bombings last April were rated by many news organizations as the top story of 2013, and now the New England connections of two 3-year-old colts have named them in tribute to the victims.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Aug. 14 that registration is open for the Sovereign Stable Free NHC Online Contest to be held Saturday, Aug. 17, at games.ntra.com.
The daughter of Northern Afleet is slated to make her big comeback in the April 3 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland for Sovereign Stables, a public partnership group based in New Hampshire.
If only it always worked this way: buy a horse privately; win a grade I; and head to the Breeders' Cup World Championships. Forget always; for Matt Gatsas, just once is OK. Of course he wouldn't mind also winning the Breeders' Cup race.
Sovereign Stable's Negligee came from off the pace, charged down the lane, and collared favored She Be Wild in the final strides to score the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) at odds of 12-1 on opening day at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses