Fillies by Afleet Alex and Graeme Hall breezed the fastest quarters at the third and final session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2013 June sale of 2-year-olds and horses of racing age.
Two youngsters worked eighths in :9 4/5, posting the fastest at the distance at the second session of the Under Tack Show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2013 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age.
A colt by More Than Ready and a filly by Even the Score worked quarter miles in :21 flat to post the fastest moves at the distance during the first session of the under tack show for the upcoming OBSC June sale.
An overflow field of 14 juvenile fillies including stakes winners Sweet Redemption, American Sugar and Gold Edge passed the entry box for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III), run at a one-turn mile Sept. 8.
An Indian Charlie filly was among standouts during the second and final session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
She worked an eighth of a mile in :10 during the first session of the under tack show for the June sale.
The deceased champion sprinter Lost in the Fog's cancer was much more extensive than originally believed and most likely had been growing for many months. Results of the necropsy, released Oct. 18, showed a gigantic tumor that compromised several of his internal organs.
Champion sprinter Lost in the Fog has an inoperable tumor in addition to the large one found this week on his spleen and may have no more than two weeks to live, trainer Greg Gilchrist said Aug. 18.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident