With a spot in the $2-million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on the line, an overflow field of 14 was drawn for the $500,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 10 at Keeneland.
Paul Pompa Jr.'s D' Funnybone followed up his impressive Saratoga Special (gr. II) win with another no-doubt-about-it victory, this one in the $250,000 Futurity (gr. II) Sept. 19 at Belmont Park. The 2-year-old son of D'wildcat is sure to be one of the favorites for the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) later this fall, if he is entered.
Two-year-old colts take center stage at Saratoga July 30 as nine up-and-coming young Thoroughbreds look to take the next step on their budding career paths in the 95th running of the $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II).
It is unlikely that Hal Wiggins will find a horse like Rachel Alexandra any time soon, but he does have a promising young colt making his stakes debut in the $100,000 Bashford Manor (gr. III), a sprint for 2-year-olds July 3 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly