Giovanni Boldini will take aim at the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) Friday, Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park. A victory would make him the first West Virginia-bred to win a Breeders' Cup race.
Unbeaten favorite for the 1988 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and sire of 23 stakes winners was euthanized due to the infirmities of old age at Claiborne Farm.
Soul of the Matter, a millionaire and grade I winner who started his stud career in Japan, sired his first reported U.S. foal Jan. 30.
On Saturday, the talking, the waiting, the worrying can stop. At 9.20 p. m. (local time; 12:20 p.m. EST) in the United Arab Emirates, the sun will have set at Nad Al Sheba racecourse, the floodlights will be on, and the stars will come out. A full $6 million worth of stars.
On Saturday, the talking, the waiting, the worrying can stop. At 9.20 p. m. in the United Arab Emirates, the sun will have set at Nad Al Sheba racecourse, the floodlights will be on, and the stars will come out. A full $6 million worth of stars.
Soul of the Matter, who has stood his entire seven-year stud career at the Breeders Stallion Station in Japan, returns to the U.S. for the 2004 breeding season at Ernest Auerbach's E. A. Ranches near Santa Ysabel, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees