Under a heady ride from jockey Johnathon Parkes, Julinsky Prince got the second group I win of his career in the Captain Cook Stakes Dec. 5 at Trentham.
Soriano slipped up on the inside of pacesetter Fast Dragon late in the Herbie Dyke Stakes (NZ-I) Feb. 7 at Te Rapa and battled that rival stride for stride before getting her head in front at the finish.
Appearing to have nowhere to run at the home turn, last year's New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) winner Puccini was eased off the rail and spurted through a narrow opening to win the Thorndon Mile (NZ-I) Jan. 24 at Trentham.
Irish-bred outsider Pure Champion repelled a strong challenge from favorite I Do and won the Windsor Park Plate (NZ-I) Sept. 20 at Hastings Racecourse in New Zealand.
Historian made all the pace and posted the second group I win of his career in the Zabeel Classic Dec. 26 at Ellerslie.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Pennsylvania Breeder Awards Remain On Hold
- Maryland State Fair Meet Starts at Timonium
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic