Under a heady ride from jockey Johnathon Parkes, Julinsky Prince got the second group I win of his career in the Captain Cook Stakes Dec. 5 at Trentham.
Soriano slipped up on the inside of pacesetter Fast Dragon late in the Herbie Dyke Stakes (NZ-I) Feb. 7 at Te Rapa and battled that rival stride for stride before getting her head in front at the finish.
Appearing to have nowhere to run at the home turn, last year's New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) winner Puccini was eased off the rail and spurted through a narrow opening to win the Thorndon Mile (NZ-I) Jan. 24 at Trentham.
Irish-bred outsider Pure Champion repelled a strong challenge from favorite I Do and won the Windsor Park Plate (NZ-I) Sept. 20 at Hastings Racecourse in New Zealand.
Historian made all the pace and posted the second group I win of his career in the Zabeel Classic Dec. 26 at Ellerslie.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake