Champion Serena's Song, who raced for Robert and Beverly Lewis, produced her ninth foal March 5. Bob Lewis died Feb. 17.
Grand Reward, a grade II-winning son of Storm Cat produced from champion Serena's Song, will retire to John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington where he will stand the 2006 season for $12,500.
Irish-based Coolmore Stud bought a half-interest in Serena's Song's 2-year-old son, Grand Reward, from Robert and Beverly Lewis
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Sophisticat won the group I Coronation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies June 21 at Royal Ascot and gave trainer Aidan O'Brien and jockey Michael Kinane their second group I win of the meet.
Khalid Abdullah's homebred filly Zenda led early, was headed midway through the mile race, then regrouped to win the Gainsborough Poule d'Essai des Pouliches--French One Thousand Guineas (Fr-I) by a length over Firth of Lorne (by Danehill) on Sunday at Longchamp. Sophisticat, a daughter of Storm Cat out of Serena's Song closed well to finish third.
Favored Queen's Logic romped in the group I Shadwell Stud Cheveley Park Stakes Tuesday at Newmarket, while Sophisticat, a 2-year-old filly by Storm Cat out of Serena's Song, checked in second, seven lengths back. Good Girl was third.
Quarter Moon battled to the lead in the final furlong to win Sunday's Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired