Back home at rainy Woodbine, Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds found his missing explosive kick to win the $220,229 Nijinsky Stakes (gr. IIT) going away July 19 on the turf.
Heavily favored Up With the Birds, driving to the lead in upper stretch, sprinted away from his rivals to register an impressive 2 3/4-length score in the $484,426 Breeders' Stakes to wrap up the 2013 Canadian Triple Crown.
Favored Up With the Birds, tuning up for the Queen's Plate in six weeks, romped to victory over open company in the $163,681 Marine Stakes May 26 at Woodbine.
Up With the Birds, rallying from last, circled the field rounding the far turn and swept past favored Star Contender en route to a convincing win in the $249,576 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Nov. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Big Orange Gets Best of Order of St George in Gold Cup
- STATS, Equibase Launch STATS Race Lens Mobile Version
- Jockey Club Gold Cup Purse Lowered, Cigar Mile Hiked
- It's Over: Parties Reach Agreement in Life At Ten Case
- Battle of Midway Using Affirmed as Prep for Haskell