Back home at rainy Woodbine, Canadian Horse of the Year Up With the Birds found his missing explosive kick to win the $220,229 Nijinsky Stakes (gr. IIT) going away July 19 on the turf.
Heavily favored Up With the Birds, driving to the lead in upper stretch, sprinted away from his rivals to register an impressive 2 3/4-length score in the $484,426 Breeders' Stakes to wrap up the 2013 Canadian Triple Crown.
Favored Up With the Birds, tuning up for the Queen's Plate in six weeks, romped to victory over open company in the $163,681 Marine Stakes May 26 at Woodbine.
Up With the Birds, rallying from last, circled the field rounding the far turn and swept past favored Star Contender en route to a convincing win in the $249,576 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds at Woodbine Nov. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- White Beauty Lineage