First-time starter That's a Stretch raced in midpack early before sweeping to the lead at the eighth pole and winning the fifth race at Woodbine Aug. 16 to become the first winner for multiple graded-stakes winner Exhi.
Grade II winner Exhi and Irish group victor Nephrite have been added to the stallion roster of Park Stud in Orangeville, Ontario, owners Michael and Laurel Byrne announced Nov. 30.
Exhi, winner of the Lexington Stakes (gr. II) in April, thoroughly dominated his three rivals in the $144,795 Victoria Park Stakes June 27 at Woodbine, extending his victory streak to four races.
Favored Exhi, making his first start at Woodbine, drew off from his four 3-year-old rivals in the $151,447 Marine Stakes to record his third consecutive win by 4 1/2 lengths May 29.
English invader Chorist held off favored Alexander Goldrun by a half-length for a front-running victory in Saturday's Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) for fillies and mares at The Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss