Lethal Force made all the pace and won the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) in course record time July 13 at Newmarket, stamping himself as Europe's top sprinter in the July Festival's marquee race.
Lethal Force gave a masterful performance on closing day at Royal Ascot, making nearly all the pace for a convincing two-length win in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the marquee event June 22.
Society Rock will bid to become only the second horse in more than 50 years to win the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I) twice when he takes on 17 opponents June 22, the final day of the 2013 Royal Ascot meeting.
Trainer James Fanshawe talks about his prospects for Royal Ascot, including Society Rock in the Diamond Jubilee. Watch Video
Overlooked at 10-1, Society Rock benefited from a savvy ride by Kieren Fallon to capture the $349,000 Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8.
Mayson made the leap into group I company a successful one when he led from the start to post a 20-1 upset in the $620,000 Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 14.
Black Caviar is set to make her British racing debut taking on 14 challengers and putting her perfect record on the line in the $775,000 Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 23.
Simon Burgess talks with trainer James Fanshawe who has Society Rock in the Hong Kong Sprint. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Moonlight Cloud took command within the final furlong and drew off to an impressive four-length victory in the $356,940 Prix Maurice de Gheest-Goldikova (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 7.
Society Rock, who had to settle for second last year behind Starspangledbanner, went one better this time around as he came with a late surge to capture the $646,056 Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge