Odds-on choice Star Guitar became racing's newest millionaire with an easy repeat victory in the $150,000 Louisiana Champions Day Classic at Fair Grounds Dec. 11.
The current king and queen of Louisiana racing, Star Guitar and Superior Storm, are set to go for their record fourth crown each in the annual Louisiana Champions Day at Fair Grounds Dec. 11.
Snug, ridden by Gerard Melancon, outfought favored Snakebite Kit in the $100,000 Louisiana Cup Turf Classic to produce a 1 1/2-length victory at Louisiana Downs May 22.
Some 110 horses are entered for the 10 races on the Louisiana Cup race program at Louisiana Downs May 22 when four $100,000 events for state breds are contested.
Star Guitar chalked up his sixth win in a row when he cruised to a 3 1/2-length win in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship Stakes Feb. 6 at Delta Downs.
Lousiana-bred standout Star Guitar, on a five-race roll for Albert Stall Jr., has nine rivals in his way in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship, the headline race on a million-dollar card at Delta Downs Feb. 6.
Tiz Now Tiz Then looks to improve off his sixth-place run in the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) when he faces a full field of 3-year-olds in the $350,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 19.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable has seven horses entered on Louisiana Premier Night Feb. 2 at Delta Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night