Lines of Battle held off a tenacious Elleval to win the UAE Derby (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse March 30, earning 100 points toward a probable start in the May 4 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Donegal Racing's synthetic track specialist and Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) hopeful Dullahan will sharpen up for his planned start in the $10 million race later this month in the $200,000 Burj Nahar (UAE-III) March 9 at Meydan.
Favorite Soft Falling Rain easily dispatched pacesetter Deauville Prince in the stretch and drew off to a clear win in the $250,000 United Arab Emirates Two Thousands Guineas (UAE-III) Feb. 14 at Meydan.
After a commanding victory last month at Meydan, undefeated champion Soft Falling Rain enters the $250,000 United Arab Emirates Two Thousand Guineas (UAE-III) Feb. 14 as the horse to beat.
Trainer Mike de Kock's undefeated South African champion Soft Falling Rain tops a full field of 14, along with four also-eligible contenders, entered for the $110,00 United Arab Emirates Two Thousand Guineas Trial Jan. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite