Shut off along the hedge in the final furlong, Nistle's Crunch altered his path sharply for jockey Robby Albarado and caught favored Seaspeak in the final yards to win the $112,900 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Nov. 9.
Seaspeak and Amazing Results, both victims of bad racing luck last month at Keeneland, will each try to change their fortunes at Churchill Downs Nov. 9 when they go to post in the $100,000-added Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT), a 1 1/16-mile test for 3-year-olds.
Strait of Mewsina, trailing the field heading into the turn for home, finished best of all to post a 19-1 surprise in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in Illinois.
Adriano, winner of the Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park six weeks ago, figures to be a strong favorite when he takes on seven 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) on the turf in Illinois Oct. 11.
Michael Cooper and Pamela Ziebarth's Tizdejavu, undefeated on turf, will be after his fourth consecutive victory over the surface in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 9 at Arlington Park. Tizdejavu, trained by Gregory Fox, was installed as the 6-5 morning line favorite in the 1 1/4-mile test for 3-year-olds. Nine were entered.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks