Shut off along the hedge in the final furlong, Nistle's Crunch altered his path sharply for jockey Robby Albarado and caught favored Seaspeak in the final yards to win the $112,900 Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs Nov. 9.
Seaspeak and Amazing Results, both victims of bad racing luck last month at Keeneland, will each try to change their fortunes at Churchill Downs Nov. 9 when they go to post in the $100,000-added Commonwealth Turf (gr. IIIT), a 1 1/16-mile test for 3-year-olds.
Strait of Mewsina, trailing the field heading into the turn for home, finished best of all to post a 19-1 surprise in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in Illinois.
Adriano, winner of the Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park six weeks ago, figures to be a strong favorite when he takes on seven 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) on the turf in Illinois Oct. 11.
Michael Cooper and Pamela Ziebarth's Tizdejavu, undefeated on turf, will be after his fourth consecutive victory over the surface in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 9 at Arlington Park. Tizdejavu, trained by Gregory Fox, was installed as the 6-5 morning line favorite in the 1 1/4-mile test for 3-year-olds. Nine were entered.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017