Barbara Smollin's Sir Bear worked five furlongs at Calder Monday morning and is likely to contest the $300,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) on May 27. The 9-year-old gelding breezed five furlongs in 1:02 2/5.
There is a fountain of youth in Florida, just as Ponce de Leon originally suspected in the 16th century. But the Spaniard, who poked around the St. Augustine area looking for the elixir, would have been better off looking about 250 miles to the south, in the Calder Race Course barn of trainer Ralph Ziadie.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training