A collection of familiar faces to Fair Grounds Race Course and Slots will line up Feb. 7 in the Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III), which is part of the six-stakes "Louisiana Derby Preview Day" card scheduled for the New Orleans-area track.
A winner of 11 races and more than $4.6 million in his stellar career, Stonecrest Farm's 8-year-old gelding Perfect Drift will nonetheless be trying to end a 12-race losing streak when he faces seven rivals in Friday's $100,000 Alysheba Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
One year after dominating Oaklawn Park's 3-year-old stakes program, Lawyer Ron returns with a new trainer and rider for Saturday's $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II).
The multiple graded stakes winner Master Command drew away like a a 3-10 shot should to record an easy win in the $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) at Fair Grounds Saturday.
The 82nd running of the $500,000 New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) has attracted a field of seven, led by two graded stakes winners.
Lawyer Ron, making his first start since finishing 12th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), held off 30-1 shot Smokeyjonessutton to win the $250,000 St. Louis Derby at Fairmount Park in Collinsville, Ill., Saturday night.
The last of the traditional preps for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) is unlikely to have an impact on next week's "Run for the Roses," but Saturday's $100,000-added Derby Trial at Churchill Downs will undoubtedly get the 132nd Spring Meet at historic Churchill Downs off to a rousing start.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days