Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten Lunarpal will be looking to complete a rare sweep when he faces six 2-year-old rivals in the $150,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) Monday, the closing day of Churchill Downs spring meet.
Unbeaten Lunarpal is set for his bid to become the second horse to sweep Churchill Downs' three-race Spring Meet stakes series for 2-year-olds when he takes the gate in Monday's $100,000-added Bashford Manor (gr. III).
Heavily favored Lunarpal, ridden by Shane Sellers, led from start to finish and held off a stretch charge by Consolidator to take a neck victory in Saturday's co-featured $132,088 Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, who leads the nation in wins in 2004, saddles Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten and heavily favored Lunarpal in Churchill Downs' $125,000-added Kentucky Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition