Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten Lunarpal will be looking to complete a rare sweep when he faces six 2-year-old rivals in the $150,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) Monday, the closing day of Churchill Downs spring meet.
Unbeaten Lunarpal is set for his bid to become the second horse to sweep Churchill Downs' three-race Spring Meet stakes series for 2-year-olds when he takes the gate in Monday's $100,000-added Bashford Manor (gr. III).
Heavily favored Lunarpal, ridden by Shane Sellers, led from start to finish and held off a stretch charge by Consolidator to take a neck victory in Saturday's co-featured $132,088 Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, who leads the nation in wins in 2004, saddles Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten and heavily favored Lunarpal in Churchill Downs' $125,000-added Kentucky Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Donegal Racing Aims for Derby Weekend Triple
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer