Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten Lunarpal will be looking to complete a rare sweep when he faces six 2-year-old rivals in the $150,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) Monday, the closing day of Churchill Downs spring meet.
Unbeaten Lunarpal is set for his bid to become the second horse to sweep Churchill Downs' three-race Spring Meet stakes series for 2-year-olds when he takes the gate in Monday's $100,000-added Bashford Manor (gr. III).
Heavily favored Lunarpal, ridden by Shane Sellers, led from start to finish and held off a stretch charge by Consolidator to take a neck victory in Saturday's co-featured $132,088 Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, who leads the nation in wins in 2004, saddles Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten and heavily favored Lunarpal in Churchill Downs' $125,000-added Kentucky Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds