Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten Lunarpal will be looking to complete a rare sweep when he faces six 2-year-old rivals in the $150,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) Monday, the closing day of Churchill Downs spring meet.
Unbeaten Lunarpal is set for his bid to become the second horse to sweep Churchill Downs' three-race Spring Meet stakes series for 2-year-olds when he takes the gate in Monday's $100,000-added Bashford Manor (gr. III).
Heavily favored Lunarpal, ridden by Shane Sellers, led from start to finish and held off a stretch charge by Consolidator to take a neck victory in Saturday's co-featured $132,088 Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, who leads the nation in wins in 2004, saddles Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten and heavily favored Lunarpal in Churchill Downs' $125,000-added Kentucky Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp