Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten Lunarpal will be looking to complete a rare sweep when he faces six 2-year-old rivals in the $150,000-added Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) Monday, the closing day of Churchill Downs spring meet.
Unbeaten Lunarpal is set for his bid to become the second horse to sweep Churchill Downs' three-race Spring Meet stakes series for 2-year-olds when he takes the gate in Monday's $100,000-added Bashford Manor (gr. III).
Heavily favored Lunarpal, ridden by Shane Sellers, led from start to finish and held off a stretch charge by Consolidator to take a neck victory in Saturday's co-featured $132,088 Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Trainer Steve Asmussen, who leads the nation in wins in 2004, saddles Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's unbeaten and heavily favored Lunarpal in Churchill Downs' $125,000-added Kentucky Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease