Laughing returns to Woodbine for the first time since last fall's E.P. Taylor Stakes (Can-IT) as the likely favorite in the $300,000 Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) on the turf Sept. 16.
The rapidly improving Hungry Island, who gave a good showing in her grade I debut last out, is one of several top contenders in a well-matched field of 12 for the $175,000 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) Nov. 12 at Churchill.
Smart Sting became the first stakes winner produced by the champion turf mare Perfect Sting when she pulled away from the field to win the $248,448 Selene Stakes (Can-III) by 3 1/2 lengths in an upset at Woodbine Sept. 25.
Never a factor in the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) one month ago, Queen's Plate winner Inglorious gets back on Woodbine's Polytrack for the $250,000 Selene Stakes (Can-III) Sept. 25.
Anne's Beauty became a graded stakes winner with her first turf victory in the $159,119 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine, giving jockey Patrick Husbands his fifth triumph on the Aug. 27 card.
Anne's Beauty, two-length winner of the Duchess Stakes last month, tries the Woodbine turf this time against 10 rivals in the $150,000 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) Aug. 27.
Dynamic Holiday has been on a roll in her last four starts, and she is looking to carry over her win streak into her first start at Colonial Downs in the July 16 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT).
Diva Ash didn't let a lack of experience stand in the way of victory in the May 6 Edgewood Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Unbeaten filly is mild 4-1 morning line favorite in 10-horse Edgewood field; $100,000 race kicks off stakes action on Oaks day at Churchill Downs
Winter Memories will make her much anticipated 2011 debut when she faces 11 rivals in the $100,000 Appalachian Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies going a mile on the turf April 20 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown