Laurel Park received 155 pre-entries, which includes cross-entered horses, for the Oct. 6 Jim McKay Maryland Million program.
Shackleford arrived at Saratoga Race Course fit and feisty the morning of Aug. 2, ready to tackle seven other runners in the $400,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. I) on Aug. 4.
Preston Stables' Flat Out will make his first start for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup Stakes (gr. III) July 7, having been transferred from the barn of Scooter Dickey.
Vicky Schowe's homebred Sloane Ranger upset the $150,000 Donald LeVine Memorial Handicap by a neck at Parx Racing June 23, while 2011 Wood Memorial winner Toby's Corner finished fourth.
Favored Candyman E, overcoming trouble for jockey Joe Bravo entering the turn, exploited an opening along the inside to prevail in the $150,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Oct. 22 at Laurel Park.
Favored Eighttofasttocatch wins the Maryland Million Classic to highlight Maryland racing's big day.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt