Laurel Park received 155 pre-entries, which includes cross-entered horses, for the Oct. 6 Jim McKay Maryland Million program.
Shackleford arrived at Saratoga Race Course fit and feisty the morning of Aug. 2, ready to tackle seven other runners in the $400,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. I) on Aug. 4.
Preston Stables' Flat Out will make his first start for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup Stakes (gr. III) July 7, having been transferred from the barn of Scooter Dickey.
Vicky Schowe's homebred Sloane Ranger upset the $150,000 Donald LeVine Memorial Handicap by a neck at Parx Racing June 23, while 2011 Wood Memorial winner Toby's Corner finished fourth.
Favored Candyman E, overcoming trouble for jockey Joe Bravo entering the turn, exploited an opening along the inside to prevail in the $150,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Oct. 22 at Laurel Park.
Favored Eighttofasttocatch wins the Maryland Million Classic to highlight Maryland racing's big day.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother