Robert and Janice McNair's Cowboy Cal, runner-up here last fall in the Hollywood Derby (gr. I), will try to bounce back from a 10th-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in Hollywood Park's $300,000 Citation Handicap on Nov. 27.
As we all know there is always an angle or two we can latch on to in the Breeders' Cup. The trick is finding them among the morass of stakes horses that line up for the 14 races. There probably are more chances of landing a longshot on a synthetic surface, because, in all honesty, does anyone really know how to handicap these races?
Versatile Cowboy Cal went gate to wire to win the $150,000 Oak Tree Mile Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course Oct. 10, and earned the right to advance to the $2 million TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set