Seemingly headed for an easy front-running victory in the $157,199 La Lorgnette Stakes at Woodbine Sept. 23, favored La Tia jumped into the rail at the eighth pole. Amazingly, the filly recovered in time to win anyway.
Leading Woodbine trainer Mark Casse carries a solid hand in the $150,000 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) with three entrants for owner John C. Oxley in the one-mile turf event for 3-year-old fillies Aug. 25.
Hernandez Racing Club's Illinois-bred remained perfect on Polytrack and in her 2012 season when cruising to victory over six rivals in the $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) July 21 at Arlington Park.
The $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) returns to the schedule at Arlington Park July 21 after a one-year hiatus, featuring a well-matched field of eight distaffers headed by Spendthrift Farm's Treasured Up.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support