Seemingly headed for an easy front-running victory in the $157,199 La Lorgnette Stakes at Woodbine Sept. 23, favored La Tia jumped into the rail at the eighth pole. Amazingly, the filly recovered in time to win anyway.
Leading Woodbine trainer Mark Casse carries a solid hand in the $150,000 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) with three entrants for owner John C. Oxley in the one-mile turf event for 3-year-old fillies Aug. 25.
Hernandez Racing Club's Illinois-bred remained perfect on Polytrack and in her 2012 season when cruising to victory over six rivals in the $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) July 21 at Arlington Park.
The $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) returns to the schedule at Arlington Park July 21 after a one-year hiatus, featuring a well-matched field of eight distaffers headed by Spendthrift Farm's Treasured Up.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship