When a hole opened up in the stretch, Big Blue Kitten shot through to win the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 2 at Belmont Park.
On Aug. 30, Wise Dan will face a solid field in the $250,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) as the 127-pound highweight while making his long-awaited return after May 16 colic surgery.
Hangover Kid, surging along the inside, produced a head-bobbing victory over odds-on Grandeur in the $200,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT), the 6-year-old's first graded stakes score July 12 at Belmont Park.
Dark Cove earned owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey a gold tray when he drew off to an upset victory in the $150,000 Elkhorn Stakes (gr. II) on closing day April 26 at Keeneland.
Trainer Charlie LoPresti has the somewhat enviable if daunting task of bringing several top-level horses back off the bench this spring at Keeneland, including 2011 Ricoh Woodbine Mile (gr. IT) winner Turallure.
Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey looks to return grade III victor Boisterous to winning form in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Belmont Park.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous, third in the Manhattan Handicap on the Belmont Stakes undercard, will carry high weight as he heads a field of 11 turf specialists in $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa