When a hole opened up in the stretch, Big Blue Kitten shot through to win the $150,000 Fort Marcy Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 2 at Belmont Park.
On Aug. 30, Wise Dan will face a solid field in the $250,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) as the 127-pound highweight while making his long-awaited return after May 16 colic surgery.
Hangover Kid, surging along the inside, produced a head-bobbing victory over odds-on Grandeur in the $200,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT), the 6-year-old's first graded stakes score July 12 at Belmont Park.
Dark Cove earned owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey a gold tray when he drew off to an upset victory in the $150,000 Elkhorn Stakes (gr. II) on closing day April 26 at Keeneland.
Trainer Charlie LoPresti has the somewhat enviable if daunting task of bringing several top-level horses back off the bench this spring at Keeneland, including 2011 Ricoh Woodbine Mile (gr. IT) winner Turallure.
Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey looks to return grade III victor Boisterous to winning form in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Belmont Park.
Phipps Stable's Boisterous, third in the Manhattan Handicap on the Belmont Stakes undercard, will carry high weight as he heads a field of 11 turf specialists in $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- Will Antonoe Upset the Diana Stakes?
- Remembering Ben's Cat