Team Block's Mystery Giver continued his mastery over the Fair Grounds' turf, coming from far back to win Sunday's $500,000 Mervin Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday, setting a course record while going over the $1 million mark in career earnings.
Team Block's Mystery Giver is the 120-pound highweight in a wide-open field of ten turf specialists entered in the $500,000 Mervin G. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) at Fair Grounds Sunday.
A full field is expected for Sunday's grade II $500,000 Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds, and the locally based contingent should be well represented with eight possible entrants.
Majestic Thief nosed out favored Skate Away to win the $50,000 Mardi Gras Handicap, the annual "Fat Tuesday" feature at Fair Grounds in New Orleans.
Mystery Giver gave new meaning to "three-peat" in winning the $125,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap at 1 1/8 mile on the turf for the third consecutive year Saturday.
Team Block's Mystery Giver will be on familiar turf Saturday when he goes for his third consecutive victory in the $125,000 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Stakes against nine foes.
Both $60,000 co-features Saturday at Fair Grounds provided thrilling stretch duels, with Movant prevailing over Sister Swank in the Thelma and Skate Away turning the tables on Warleigh in the Col E.R. Bradley.
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale