Jazil, winner of the 2006 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), died after sustaining an injury in his paddock Oct. 11 at Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington.
Same connections, same track, same race, same finish -- just a different horse. Can Florida Derby winner Dialed In improve on Ice Box's 2nd-place finish in the Kentucky Derby?
Relentless Dialed In came from last on a speed-favoring Gulfstream Park main track to get up in the final couple of strides over 68-1 outsider Shackleford by a head in the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) April 3.
Trainer Nick Zito's decision to bypass an allowance event nine days earlier for the $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) looks pretty good after the inexperienced Dialed In swept to an impressive win at Gulfstream Park.
Sent along by jockey Garrett Gomez near the quarter pole while racing third on the outside, the 2-5 choice Rags to Riches quickly assumed command of Sunday's $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), striding out to an impressive win.
Part one of the Tattersalls October yearling ended its four-day run in England Friday with an average price of 119,509 guineas that was up 16% from a year ago. The median price remained the same at 70,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival