After a stellar 2015/16 season for Cambridge Stud, Sir Patrick and Justine Lady Hogan, Aug. 7 were named New Zealand Breeders of the Year at the annual New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Awards in Auckland.
Breed-shaping New Zealand sire Zabeel has died at the age of 29.
Cambridge Stud took center stage on the first day of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 26, and providing the highlights on a very solid opening day's trade.
While Fastnet Rock offspring dominated the top of the market, a relatively strong middle market pushed median price into positive territory on opening day of the New Zealand Bloodstock premier yearling sale Jan. 27 at Karaka.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Patrick Hogan is recovering in New Zealand after major heart surgery.
The 2006 Inglis premier yearling sale in Melbourne, which opened on Sunday in Australia, continued the global trend of buyers willing to spend on well-topped, muscular yearlings.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf