As Frankel's second season at stud comes to a close, Juddmonte Farms reports that the undefeated champion has been represented by 108 foals to date from his highly anticipated first crop.
Frankel, who won all 14 of his races, will be visited by an outstanding lineup of mares, including around 60 who have either won a group/grade I race, produced a group/grade I winner, or both.
A full-brother to Frankel, who was classisfied the best Thoroughbred in the world when he retired undefeated in 14 career starts, has been foaled at Juddmonte's Banstead Manor Farm in Newmarket, England.
Juddmonte on Jan. 29 announced the arrival of the first foal out of 2009 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Midday. The six-time group I-winning mare will form part of Frankel's first book in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees