As Frankel's second season at stud comes to a close, Juddmonte Farms reports that the undefeated champion has been represented by 108 foals to date from his highly anticipated first crop.
Frankel, who won all 14 of his races, will be visited by an outstanding lineup of mares, including around 60 who have either won a group/grade I race, produced a group/grade I winner, or both.
A full-brother to Frankel, who was classisfied the best Thoroughbred in the world when he retired undefeated in 14 career starts, has been foaled at Juddmonte's Banstead Manor Farm in Newmarket, England.
Juddmonte on Jan. 29 announced the arrival of the first foal out of 2009 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Midday. The six-time group I-winning mare will form part of Frankel's first book in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Ohio Plans to Test Horses for Cobalt Levels
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail