As Frankel's second season at stud comes to a close, Juddmonte Farms reports that the undefeated champion has been represented by 108 foals to date from his highly anticipated first crop.
Frankel, who won all 14 of his races, will be visited by an outstanding lineup of mares, including around 60 who have either won a group/grade I race, produced a group/grade I winner, or both.
A full-brother to Frankel, who was classisfied the best Thoroughbred in the world when he retired undefeated in 14 career starts, has been foaled at Juddmonte's Banstead Manor Farm in Newmarket, England.
Juddmonte on Jan. 29 announced the arrival of the first foal out of 2009 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Midday. The six-time group I-winning mare will form part of Frankel's first book in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews