As Frankel's second season at stud comes to a close, Juddmonte Farms reports that the undefeated champion has been represented by 108 foals to date from his highly anticipated first crop.
Frankel, who won all 14 of his races, will be visited by an outstanding lineup of mares, including around 60 who have either won a group/grade I race, produced a group/grade I winner, or both.
A full-brother to Frankel, who was classisfied the best Thoroughbred in the world when he retired undefeated in 14 career starts, has been foaled at Juddmonte's Banstead Manor Farm in Newmarket, England.
Juddmonte on Jan. 29 announced the arrival of the first foal out of 2009 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Midday. The six-time group I-winning mare will form part of Frankel's first book in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm