On a brisk spring morning at Belmont Park April 25, El Kabeir put in his final breeze for the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and it was unexpectedly eventful.
"Since he ran at Churchill, he really started to change... it's amazing how this horse has kept going forward, while braving the brutal winter we had," Tonja Terranova said of Wood Memorial contender El Kabeir.
Zayat Stables' Paynter posted a bullet work over the Belmont Park training track May 27 as the Bob Baffert-trained colt continued his preparations for the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement