The Sept. 21 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale saw 274 yearlings sell for $11,120,100, up 4.1% from the same session a year ago; the average rose 6.4% from $38,158 to $40,584, while the median jumped 20% from $25,000 to $30,000.
Exercise rider Chase Miller has a lot of high hopes in Havelock, who is 9-2 on the morning line for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Several of the connections of this year's Derby horses have more than one shot of winning the big prize.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale