Noah From Goa, trained by Mike de Kock, upset heavily favored filly Silver Mountain to land the Grand Parade Cape Guineas (SAf-I) Dec. 19 at Kenilworth.
Silver Mountain showed her class in no uncertain fashion when running out a five-length winner of the World Sports Betting Cape Fillies Guineas (SAf-I) at Kenilworth Dec. 5.
Young Indiana stallion Silver Mountain gained his first winner Aug. 23 when Big Silver Hoss drew off in early stretch and convincingly won the third race at Presque Isle Downs.
Indiana-based, grade III-placed stallion Silver Mountain will move from Swifty Farms to Nicks Farm in Sellersburg, Ind., for the 2015 season.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Breeding, Midwest Region, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Prominent Indiana Thoroughbred owner and breeder Don W. Myers Sr. died July 25 at home with his wife Dana and granddaughter Christina Lawton by his side. He was 92.
Charles White's Sundance Thoroughbreds will stand graded stakes-placed Silver Mountain in 2012 at Don and Dana Myers' Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind.
Free Fighter seized the lead from Eagle Poise coming into the stretch and drew off in the lane to produce a determined upset at odds of 12-1 in the $113,800 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 22.
Winchester will be the favorite in the $150,000 Pan American Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 27 at Gulfstream Park, a race that also will mark the season debut of Fred Bradley's remarkable 9-year-old gelding Brass Hat.
Veteran campaigners Presious Passion and Cloudy's Knight, a pair of grade I winners who starred in last month's Breeders' Cup races, meet in the $150,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap at Calder.
S J Stables' 9-year-old gelding Cloudy's Knight felt no effects of a more than one year layoff, as he took over in upper stretch and cruised to a comfortable 2 1/2-length win in the $150,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) Sept. 19 at Kentucky Downs.
Grade I winner Presious Passion should get the firm ground he likes for his return to Gulfstream Park Feb. 21 in the $150,000 Mac Diarmida Stakes (gr. IIT) following a narrow miss in the Sunshine Millions Turf last month.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery