Capo Bastone, a colt that had long failed to tap his potential, finally displayed his talent with a roaring finish to capture the $500,000 Foxwoods King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) going away at odds of 28-1 Aug. 24 at Saratoga.
Three-year-old prospect Capo Bastone made his return to the races successfully Feb. 16 at Gulfstream Park, coming from off the pace with an early sweeping move to take an allowance race by a head as the 3-2 favorite.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Full OBS March Sale to be Conducted Tuesday
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Geeky Gorgeous Named New Jersey Horse of Year
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- A Racing Weekend of Stars