Michael Moran had a decision to make this week: Run his talented 4-year-old gelding, Silent Roar, in the Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga or the equally as enticing Oceanport Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Aug. 5. Each were worth $150,000. Although entered in both, Moran ultimately chose to send the son of Unbridled Song out in the Oceanport. It turned out to be the right decision.
Topping Monmouth Park's undercard stakes on Haskell Invitational day Aug. 5 are the Oceanport and the Taylor Made Matchmaker, each a grade III stakes test on the turf worth $150,000.
Like a fine wine, Silver Tree seems to keep improving with age. The 7-year-old son of Hennessy may continue teaching younger competitors how it's done Aug. 5, when he goes for a third consecutive victory in the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT).
Unbeaten After Market tries to stretch his winning streak to five when he faces a full field in the $500,000 Kent Breeders' Cup (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Delaware Park turf course Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake