Laurel Park will hold a fundraiser and silent auction benefitting jockey Fray Martinez and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Maryland Feb. 13, featuring dozens of items during its Winter Carnival weekend.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
A consortium of racing organizations has announced a Derby Day fund-raising campaign to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund will be held May 2 at tracks and racing venues across the U.S.
The Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, with The Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, presents a fundraiser at The Corner Stable in Columbia, Md., Oct. 17 to benefit a fund for injured exercise rider Jose Villegas.
Prairie Meadows will host a silent auction July 16 during the "Ridin' the Storm Out Flood Relief Concert" featuring REO Speedwagon, with special guest Little River Band.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, in conjunction with its annual dinner dance, will hold a silent auction March 15 to benefit the "Michael Rowland Family Fund." Rowland, a longtime jockey, died as a result of injuries suffered in a racing accident at Turfway Park in early February.
A Valentine's Day fund-raiser for the family of jockey Michael Rowland, who died from injuries sustained in a Feb. 5 racing accident at Turfway Park, has drawn interest from around the country, and donated items continued to come in the morning of the event.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby