Strategic Maneuver, a two-time grade I winner at 2 in 1993 was put down Sept. 24 at Betty Moran's Brushwood Farm in Pennsylvania. The 23-year-old daughter of Cryptoclearance produced two group or graded winners.
This year's edition of the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) may not feature a superstar such as 2012 winner Groupie Doll, but 10 older fillies and mares will provide a good wagering event at Keeneland April 13.
Teddy's Promise, recent winner of the Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II), is a clear standout among eight older fillies and mares set for the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) March 10 at Santa Anita Park.
The Bob Baffert-trained Secret Circle carried a big lead into the stretch and then held off a rail bid from longshot Shumoos to win the inaugural running of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 4 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past