Strategic Maneuver, a two-time grade I winner at 2 in 1993 was put down Sept. 24 at Betty Moran's Brushwood Farm in Pennsylvania. The 23-year-old daughter of Cryptoclearance produced two group or graded winners.
This year's edition of the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) may not feature a superstar such as 2012 winner Groupie Doll, but 10 older fillies and mares will provide a good wagering event at Keeneland April 13.
Teddy's Promise, recent winner of the Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II), is a clear standout among eight older fillies and mares set for the $100,000 Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) March 10 at Santa Anita Park.
The Bob Baffert-trained Secret Circle carried a big lead into the stretch and then held off a rail bid from longshot Shumoos to win the inaugural running of the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 4 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding