Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.
A group of six to seven investors from Texas and Louisiana has issued a letter of intent to buy the 27-year-old Louisiana Downs. A state license issued in March that allows the racetrack to run 15,000 square-feet of slot machines significantly increased its value. If the deal closes, the investors intend to spend more than $90 million on renovations.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom