Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.
A group of six to seven investors from Texas and Louisiana has issued a letter of intent to buy the 27-year-old Louisiana Downs. A state license issued in March that allows the racetrack to run 15,000 square-feet of slot machines significantly increased its value. If the deal closes, the investors intend to spend more than $90 million on renovations.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby