Trainer Al Stall Jr. said the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park Sept. 29 will be the last start of the season for Departing, winner of the Sept. 7 Super Derby (gr. II) last time out.
A group of six to seven investors from Texas and Louisiana has issued a letter of intent to buy the 27-year-old Louisiana Downs. A state license issued in March that allows the racetrack to run 15,000 square-feet of slot machines significantly increased its value. If the deal closes, the investors intend to spend more than $90 million on renovations.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis