A total of 171 horses, all the offspring of Maryland-based stallions, have been pre-entered in the dozen races that will make up the 2004 Maryland Million Day Oct. 9 at Pimlico Race Course. The post-position draw will be held Oct. 6 at the racetrack.
California shipper Summer Wind Dancer, scratched from Sunday's Milady Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park, tops a field of ten entered in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) at Delaware Park Sunday.
Sondra Bender's Cruise Along pulled away from a solid field of Maryland-bred fillies and mares in dominating fashion to win the $100,000 Geisha Handicap at Laurel Park.
Wild Spirit, ridden by Jerry Bailey, romped to a six-length triumph in Sunday's $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Delaware Park.
Richard Englander's Devon Rose raced herself into the Delaware Handicap (gr. II) with an impressive score in the $100,000 Obeah Handicap for fillies and mares at Delaware Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud