A total of 171 horses, all the offspring of Maryland-based stallions, have been pre-entered in the dozen races that will make up the 2004 Maryland Million Day Oct. 9 at Pimlico Race Course. The post-position draw will be held Oct. 6 at the racetrack.
California shipper Summer Wind Dancer, scratched from Sunday's Milady Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park, tops a field of ten entered in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) at Delaware Park Sunday.
Sondra Bender's Cruise Along pulled away from a solid field of Maryland-bred fillies and mares in dominating fashion to win the $100,000 Geisha Handicap at Laurel Park.
Wild Spirit, ridden by Jerry Bailey, romped to a six-length triumph in Sunday's $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Delaware Park.
Richard Englander's Devon Rose raced herself into the Delaware Handicap (gr. II) with an impressive score in the $100,000 Obeah Handicap for fillies and mares at Delaware Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom