Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Prominent international sire Red Ransom, who helped perpetuate the Roberto/Hail to Reason male line, was euthanized Nov. 14 because of complications following intestinal surgery.
Zarkava was the big winner at the at the 2008 Cartier Racing Awards in London's Grosvenor House Hotel Nov. 17, collecting both the Horse Of The Year and Cartier Champion Three-Year-Old Filly awards.
Any Given Saturday, who won the Haskell Invitational (gr. I) by 4 1/2 lengths, has been retired and will stand at Darley for $40,000 in 2008, it was announced Nov. 7.
Grade II winner Ruler's Court, the joint high-weight on the 2003 Experimental Free Handicap for males, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery Stud near Summerfield, Fla.
Consolidator, a graded stakes winner at two and this year at three, has been bought by Sheikh Mohammed's Darley for stallion duty at Darley at Jonabell near Lexington.
International star Sulamani, who exited racing with a score in the Oct. 24 Pattison Canadian International Stakes (Can-IT), will enter stud at Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters