Carl Moore Management's 6-year-old gelding Chamberlain Bridge posted an exciting, come-from-behind victory when gaining the lead in the final 50 yards of the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. II).
Chamberlain Bridge scored a gritty half-length victory as the 13-10 favorite in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course July 31.
Carl Moore Management's Chamberlain Bridge became the first North American horse to earn a spot in the 2010 Breeders' Cup when he posted a 4 1/2-length win in the $118,000 Arlington Sprint June 26.
Favored Chamberlain Bridge, a former claimer that had lost two in a row, overcame a rough start and bounced back in the $112,800 Aegon Turf Sprint Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 1 at Churchill Downs. He charged down the stretch late and held off the rallying Cannonball by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order