Carl Moore Management's 6-year-old gelding Chamberlain Bridge posted an exciting, come-from-behind victory when gaining the lead in the final 50 yards of the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. II).
Chamberlain Bridge scored a gritty half-length victory as the 13-10 favorite in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course July 31.
Carl Moore Management's Chamberlain Bridge became the first North American horse to earn a spot in the 2010 Breeders' Cup when he posted a 4 1/2-length win in the $118,000 Arlington Sprint June 26.
Favored Chamberlain Bridge, a former claimer that had lost two in a row, overcame a rough start and bounced back in the $112,800 Aegon Turf Sprint Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 1 at Churchill Downs. He charged down the stretch late and held off the rallying Cannonball by a neck.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes