The Tattersalls mare sale Dec. 4 continued to show significant gains across all three key market indicators on its third day, led by French group III winner Purr Along.
Qatar Racing will bid to win a second classic in less than a week after recently acquiring a half-interest in Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) favorite Secret Gesture.
Juddmonte Farms' Hot Snap, a filly on the rise, is the 11-4 favorite heading into the QIPCO One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) May 5 at Newmarket.
The Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds shaped up as an intriguing event when two promising colts were supplemented to Europe's final top-level race of the season, to be run Nov. 10.
The Criterium International (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds on Nov. 1 at Saint-Cloud attracted six entrants, among them a pair of familiar rivals in Pearl Flute and Us Law, both group III winners.
Book 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England saved the best for last. During the third and final session of the auction Oct. 11, a son of Galileo named Hydrogen commanded 2.5 million guineas ($4,200,609).
For the second consecutive year, a French-trained winner of the Geelong Cup (Aus-III) captured Australia's most famous race, the Aus$6 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I).
Gross sales rose dramatically during the Tattersalls December Mare sale due to a strong Bloomsbury Stud dispersal and two mares that sold for more than 1 million guineas each.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online