Shawn Hurwitz, CEO of Sam Houston Race Park, was killed in a Sunday morning boating accident.
With an eye toward expanded gaming in Texas, Penn National Gaming, Inc. is assuming a 50% ownership interest in Sam Houston Race Park and two other pari-mutuel facilities in the Lone Star state.
Andrea Young has been promoted to president and chief operating officer of Sam Houston Race Park and Valley Race Park in Texas, parent company MAXXAM Inc. announced Jan. 13. Young also joins the company's board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote