Evening Attire finishes a remarkable year with an easy victory in the off-the-turf Red Smith Handicap.
Burning Roma moved to the front down the backstretch and never looked back, winning the 25th renewal of the $400,000 Meadowlands Cup (gr. II) on Friday night by 3/4 of a length.
Homebred Evening Attire wins the Jockey Club Gold Cup for T.J. Kelly and Joe and Mary Grant.
Thomas Kelly's Evening Attire, a longshot in Saturday's $1 million Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), galloped over the Belmont Park training track Wednesday.
Einar Robsham's Pretty Wild, bound for the $500,000 Champagne (gr. I) Oct. 5, breezed four furlongs Wednesday in :48 3/5 with regular jockey Shaun Bridgmohan aboard.
Jockey Shaun Bridgmohan won the first three races on Wednesday's card at Belmont Park en route to a five-win day.
Brutally Frank returned from a three-month layoff and beat favored Lumberman by three-quarters of a length Thursday in the $61,000 Royal Haven Handicap at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog