Zeki tied the Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino record for most wins in a Thoroughbred meet when he wired the field in the $95,200 Ralph Hayes Stakes Aug. 2.
Our Double Play will try to extend his win streak to three races when the Grand Slam colt faces six other 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 29 at Prairie Meadows.
Arlington Park horsemen and their families and fans came together Sept. 9 to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Donations collected will be put into the R. T. C. A. Illinois Horsemen's Relief Fund.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arcus, ridden Shane Laviolette, surprised favored Walk This Way with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $75,000 Crescent City Derby for 3-year-old Lousiana breds at Fair Grounds.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Tic N Tin, winner of the $84,450 White Oak Handicap earlier in the meet, earned his second significant score of the Arlington season when he went gate-to-wire in the $50,000 Zen Handicap Sunday at Arlington Park.
TCA gives $20,000 to KTOB emergency fund...Jockey Shane Laviolette a winner on Father's Day at Arlington.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- NY Approves Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD