Just a Way, who won just two of his first 15 career starts, showed he has left those days behind as he easily won the $5 million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) March 29 at Dubai.
Sunday Racing Company's Orfevre became the first horse in five years to win the first two legs of the Japanese Triple Crown when he won the Japanese Derby (Jpn-I) before a crowd of 82,240 May 29 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Little Amapola burst to the lead with 200 yards to go and defeated favored Kawakami Princess by 1 1/2 lengths in the $1.77 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier
- Strong U.S. contingent in Golden Shaheen
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale