Scientific Games Racing has not determined the cause of a system glitch that caused its "stop betting" order on the Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park May 16 to go unheeded at 33 off-track wagering locations, a company representative told the California Horse Racing Board.
Pari-mutuel clerks in California said they are experiencing numerous problems with the state's tote system machinery and are concerned with the racing board's consideration of eliminating a four-second cancellation delay that gives them a last-gasp chance to correct a mistake.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile