The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October sale is the last major yearling auction of the year. But 2012's generally upbeat market didn't show any sign of fatigue during the sale's opening session in Lexington Oct. 22.
Favored Currency Swap handled sloppy conditions at rainy Saratoga better than any of his nine juvenile rivals in the $250,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I), edging a persistent Trinniberg on closing day Sept. 5.
Read the Footnotes, a three-time graded stakes winner who holds one of the highest Beyer Speed Figures of the year, has been retired from racing because of a knee problem and will enter stud at Sequel Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
A striking black colt from the first crop of multiple grade I winner Vicar sold for $185,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses