The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October sale is the last major yearling auction of the year. But 2012's generally upbeat market didn't show any sign of fatigue during the sale's opening session in Lexington Oct. 22.
Favored Currency Swap handled sloppy conditions at rainy Saratoga better than any of his nine juvenile rivals in the $250,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I), edging a persistent Trinniberg on closing day Sept. 5.
Read the Footnotes, a three-time graded stakes winner who holds one of the highest Beyer Speed Figures of the year, has been retired from racing because of a knee problem and will enter stud at Sequel Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
A striking black colt from the first crop of multiple grade I winner Vicar sold for $185,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T