The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October sale is the last major yearling auction of the year. But 2012's generally upbeat market didn't show any sign of fatigue during the sale's opening session in Lexington Oct. 22.
Favored Currency Swap handled sloppy conditions at rainy Saratoga better than any of his nine juvenile rivals in the $250,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I), edging a persistent Trinniberg on closing day Sept. 5.
Read the Footnotes, a three-time graded stakes winner who holds one of the highest Beyer Speed Figures of the year, has been retired from racing because of a knee problem and will enter stud at Sequel Stallions near Ocala, Fla.
A striking black colt from the first crop of multiple grade I winner Vicar sold for $185,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch