Seeking the Dia, Storm Cat's leading earner as a racehorse, will spend the upcoming 2013 breeding season at the Appleton Family's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla., where he will stand for $3,500.
It was announced Aug. 6 that the Storm Cat horse Seeking the Dia, a five-time stakes winner, four-time group winner, and earner of more than $5 million, will join the stallion roster at John G. Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington for the 2009 breeding season.
Seeking the Pearl, a Japanese grade I winner who became the first Japanese-trained horse to win a race in Europe, died June 10 at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
The £250,000 Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket on July 8 has attracted an outstandingly high-class entry of 72 horses.
Millionaire Seeking the Pearl, the first Japanese-trained runner to win a race in Europe, produced her first foal, a Storm Cat colt, on March 1 for Richard Santulli and George Prussian's Jayeff B Stables.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online