Montana-based Magic City Thoroughbreds cashed in a Golden Ticket of its own Aug. 25 when its colt of that name dead-heated with favored Alpha for the historic Travers Stakes.
On January 13, 2012, Treble Jig became the 100th stakes winner for his late sire, Gone West. This goal was achieved through excellence over time, with an average of just 61 foals per crop.
Audrey Reed's top producer Secrettame, dam of leading sire Gone West, died March 17 at Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky., following a severe bout of colic. The daughter of Secretariat was 28.
Even though a deal to sell Dr. William O. and Audrey Reed's Mare Haven Farm near Lexington could close in mid-September, the great producer, Secrettame, will not be leaving.
Lion Cavern, winner of the True North Handicap (gr. II) and a group III winner in Europe, died in Greece following a bout of colic, according to the Racing Post.
Most Popular Stories
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- A Case for Full Siblings